28. Subscription – If you think of something valuable (newsletter, online magazine, etc.) that you can consistently offer on a certain basis (weekly, monthly, etc.), you may want to offer a subscription service. This could be a fee charged each time your product is sent out or on a monthly basis. Either way, this has to be something that your customers can only get by subscribing to your website.
Content-Delivery Networks (aka CDNs) are a great way of speeding up page delivery across the world. Google and other search engines are inherently concerned about the speed of your site and page content. Use Amazon's AWS, MaxCDN or any number of other tools out there to leverage CDNs along with browser-caching tools like W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache and others.
Great article, learned a lot from it! But I still really get it with the share trigger and right content. For instance, the influencers now care a lot about the new Koenigsegg Agera RS >> https://koenigsegg.com/blog/ (Car). I thought about an article like “10 things you need to know about the Koenigsegg Agera RS”. The only problem is that I don’t know which keywords I should use and how i can put in share triggers.
Surprisingly it’s true, by using apps like ReceiptHog (US) or Quidco (UK) you can actually earn rewards simply by scanning your shopping receipts. There’s also another site called ShopandScan but that ones invite only so if you apply you’ll have to wait to be selected. It doesn’t get much easier than scanning a barcode, and you can expect to earn around £10 per month.
Vary your article length. You should have long, comprehensive articles as well as short and to-the-point articles. Let the content dictate the size; don’t spend too long belaboring a simple point, but don’t be too brief when detail is called for. research suggests the average length should be around 1,600 words, though feel free to vary as you see fit.
19. eBay – Of course you can’t read an article about making money online that doesn’t mention eBay. You can start an eBay store and get serious about it or you can just sell some stuff to declutter your home. Either way, I’ve made my fair share from selling on eBay and it’s still a popular way to earn money. If you decide to start an actual eBay store, you’ll want to find a drop-ship business like Doba that will store and ship items straight to your customers so you don’t have to deal with an inventory.
So let's just say you're a budding entrepreneur. You've gone into business for yourself and setup that all-important website. It's your digital storefront. No need for that brick-and-mortar store anymore. No need for the random person to patronize your shop from the street. Today, all you need are those virtual visitors -- people that are keenly interested in buying what you're selling.
Helpful list! I know I personally have had great success earning income at home teaching English online! Easily fits with my mom life and brings in great side income! I remember reading this list of yours 6 months ago and it assured me there are great options out there for everyone. So glad I found a good fit for me. Thanks for putting info like this out there!
People want to speak their minds and weigh in on subjects they feel passionately about, so building a community into your site is a great way to start a conversation and increase traffic to your website. Implement a robust commenting system through third-party solutions such as Facebook comments or Disqus, or create a dedicated forum where visitors can ask questions. Don’t forget to manage your community to ensure that minimum standards of decorum are met, however.
– Project Payday is one of those sites that has testimonials of people who have earned thousands of dollars by getting paid to get trial offers. I’m not saying you’ll earn thousands, but it is legit and you can earn some extra cash. They assume that by paying you to do a free trial, you’ll either like the product and purchase it, or forget to cancel the trial and get charged for it. If you can keep track and cancel before you get charged (if you don’t want the product), then this is a great site for making some money.
Text-based content is all well and good, but video can be a valuable asset in both attracting new visitors and making your site more engaging. Data shows that information retention is significantly higher for visual material than it is for text, meaning that video marketing is an excellent way to grab – and hold – your audience’s attention, and boost traffic to your website at the same time.
Brian hello! First off I want to THANK YOU for this fantastic post. I can’t emphasize that enough. I have this bookmarked and keep going through it to help boost our blog. I totally nerded out on this, especially the LSI keywords which made my day. I know, pathetic, right? But when so much changes in SEO all the time, these kinds of posts are so helpful. So thanks for this. So no question – just praise, hope that’s ok 😁
18. CraigsList – Some things don’t ship very well. Other things may make you feel uncomfortable to sell to someone across the country. Anytime you’re selling a large item or something you just don’t want to ship, Craigslist is a great place to go. It’s simple to list your item (again, take good pictures!). If you don’t like the idea of putting your phone number out there, the interested individual can send you a message to your inbox without even getting your email address.
The best way to convert cold and warm traffic into sales is to draft content and create images (on your website, blog, newsletters, etc.) that actually resonate with your target audiences. You can figure this out by doing a little research on what ails your audience. Building an emotional connection with your audience in your sales funnel will let them know you understand their pain points and problems and have a product or service that will help reconcile that problem. - Kristin Kimberly Marquet, Marquet Media, LLC
Whatever industry you’re in, chances are there are at least one or two major conventions and conferences that are relevant to your business. Attending these events is a good idea – speaking at them is even better. Even a halfway decent speaking engagement is an excellent way to establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and gain significant exposure for your site.
The days when internet browsing was done exclusively on desktop PCs are long gone. Today, more people than ever before are using mobile devices to access the web, and if you force your visitors to pinch and scroll their way around your site, you’re basically telling them to go elsewhere. Even if you have a basic website, you still need to ensure that it is accessible and comfortably viewable across a range of devices, including smaller smartphones.
5. Fiverr – Fiverr is a great place to make a few bucks or spend a few bucks if you need some of the services people offer. Basically, everything is $5. You either pay $5 or charge $5. They call them “gigs.” You can offer your services however you choose. If you sell art and you’re fine selling pieces for $5 each, that’s a gig. If you’re a graphic designer and you want to offer your services for $10/hour, simply offer a 30 minute gig. If they need two hours of graphic design, they pay you $20, or $10/hour by buying four gigs.
LinkedIn has become much more than a means of finding another job. The world’s largest professional social network is now a valuable publishing platform in its own right, which means you should be posting content to LinkedIn on a regular basis. Doing so can boost traffic to your site, as well as increase your profile within your industry – especially if you have a moderate to large following.
Truebill: Once you’re done creating a free account and connecting your bank and credit card accounts, Truebill goes to work and analyzes your finances. It will find subscriptions you may want to cancel, negotiates bills on your behalf, tracks and categorizes your spending, and automates saving to help reach your goals. The app is free to download and use, but premium features come with a price. Similar to BillShark, Truebill’s negotiation commission is 40% of savings.
Hi Natasha, come to think of it I haven’t actually covered freelance writing a great deal on this blog – but now that you’ve mentioned it I’ll definitely put something together as it is indeed a fantastic way to earn extra cash online. I appreciate that won’t really be of much assistance to you right now, but what I can suggest is that you check out my post on starting a blog & making money blogging because if you enjoy writing then a blog is a fantastic place to showcase your work.
If you can find and restore items like furniture and appliances, you can make a substantial amount of money. You can acquire the items on Craigslist, or even at garage sales or estate sales, restore them, and then list them for sale on the site. You may also be able to market certain items on eBay, particularly if they are small, unusual, but high in price.
This is a fantastic way to make a lot of money online, yet it’s something just about anybody could do. Sites like Freelancer & Elance provide places for employers to find freelancers and vice versa. However, they also give you the opportunity to become a middle man and take a commission off each project for yourself whilst not actually having to carry out any of the work. (Well, they might not give you this opportunity directly but with my guide you’ll soon see how it’s possible). On each project you manage you can generally add at least $30-$60 for yourself and it’s possible to manage 5 or more a day.
Getting traffic to your site is only half the battle. Getting them to convert or turn into revenue is a whole different beast. We've found two methods to be extremely effective. The first is A/B testing to ensure that we're making continual improvements to our campaigns and our landing pages. The data that you'll get back during A/B tests will help drive your site optimization towards more positive outcomes. The second is conversion rate optimization (CRO). The goal of CRO is to increase conversions on your site, which may include updates to the UX, the content, the design or the overall workflow. Utilizing CRO and A/B testing can dramatically improve your conversion results on your site or campaign. - Joel Mathew, Fortress Consulting
If you enjoy writing then publishing your own eBook can be a great way to earn money. In 2012 eBooks generated more sales than hardcovers & it’s now estimated that they make up for around a quarter of all book sales. Websites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Kobo all have their own self publishing services which means that getting your eBook published isn’t as difficult as you might think, in fact it’s actually fairly easy.
If you browse website marketplaces such as Flippa you’ll find a lot of sites for sale, but you’ll also find some webmasters who are just looking to sell a percentage of their website to raise funds so that they can improve it and grow. It doesn’t come without risks, but the sellers provide historical traffic & revenue information so you can generally make well informed decisions as to which websites look like they’re going to be a good investment. If you manage to get a few good earning sites under your belt it can be a really nice income, especially as a silent partner.
How To Create A Successful YouTube Channel